Accountant - Finance Analyst - Hamilton
This position will involve working within two different companies in the property industry: one being a multi-discipline consultancy and the other a property developer. Both companies are in growth mode and have been since their infancy.
The culture in the workplace is one that is fun, fast paced and solution focused. We are passionate about what we do and aim to foster well-rounded property professionals no matter their background.
This role will be highly varied and will require working in with a number of team members across many disciplines. You will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Some of the items that you will be doing will include:
- Monthly invoicing
- Maintaining accurate data and dataflows for accurate reporting
- Processing payroll fortnightly
- Budgeting and cashflow forecasting
- Project accounting and analysis
- Monthly finance, operation & project reporting
- General company compliance
- Implementation and maintenance of internal controls
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an accounting or finance professional who is passionate about what they do and wants to make their mark on the property industry. To be successful in this role you will need to grasp new concepts quickly and confidently and use this newly gained knowledge to provide challenge or justification to management. Attributes we are looking for include:
- Commercial acumen
- Experience with XERO
- Experience with Power BI
- Advanced MS Excel capabilities
- CA or CPA Certification (although not required)
- Outstanding engagement and communication skills
- A drive to succeed
- Experience in the property or construction industries would also be a bonus.
- Exposure to a wide range of challenging projects in New Zealand
- Competitive remuneration package
- Life & Medical Insurance
- Paid professional membership fees
- A culture that is based on strong core values that supports the empowerment of our employees
- Continued professional development and career advancement
As we are a progressive company with plans for growth, there is great scope to have a real influence on the direction it takes as we continue to grow and expand.
To apply you must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.